The Woodlands, Texas
Founded in 1994, The Signorelli Company is a privately held real estate developer headquartered in The Woodlands. First America Homes, a subsidiary of The Signorelli Company, engages in the single-family home construction business. With a diverse portfolio of assets in a growing, dynamic environment Signorelli seeks to add a qualified professional to its homebuilding accounting team.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare financial budget and cash flow forecasts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Perform operation metrics tracking.
- The creation and maintenance of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards used to help make financial and operational decisions.
- Develop automated reporting/forecasting tools with the assistance of the IT team.
- Perform special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Assist in month-end and quarter-end close.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CPA eligible a plus.
- 3-5 Years related experience. Homebuilding industry experience a plus.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Awareness of the relationship between balance sheet and income statement.
- Advanced Excel skills, including VLOOKUP function and pivot tables.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Proficient in SQL or Power BI a plus.
- Strong overall technological proficiency.
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal).
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers and handling sensitive, confidential information.