Land Development Associate
The Woodlands, Texas
First America Homes (FAH) is the homebuilding division for The Signorelli Company (TSC), a vertically integrated, diversified real estate company based in The Woodlands, TX. Established in 1994, TSC has experience in all the aspects of real estate that make up master planned communities including land development, commercial, mixed-use, office, medical, outdoor hospitality, multi-family and single-family development. FAH is currently one of the fastest growing privately held homebuilders in the State of Texas with presence across all four quadrants of the greater Houston area and growing. The team has ranked as a Top Workplace for three consecutive years.
The Land Development Manager is responsible for facilitating FAH’s ability to maintain 500 plus closings per year in the greater Houston market.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify potential land acquisition targets that fit the parameters of the FAH model of value density or value acreage, and corporate strategic goals.
- Develop a sufficient land purchase plan to achieve financial objectives.
- Use network of colleagues and brokers to generate acquisition opportunities.
- Perform preliminary due diligence of the parcel including utility structure, drainage, and other risk mitigation measures.
- Prepare acquisition feasibility package for presentation to the Division President and corporate management that includes product recommendations, financial analysis, and risk mitigation measures.
- Generate finished lot acquisition opportunities through a network of industry contacts including the major landowners in various counties.
- Obtain approval from the Division President and corporate management for capital expenditures and prepare the purchase agreement using FAH’s lot takedown purchase template.
- Advise the Division President of potential problems or issues and offer suggestions for resolution prior to the expiration of the feasibility period.
- Follow up regularly with the individual lot developer/sellers to get specific updates on the status of their projects, to gauge substantial completion, and anticipate any potential delays to ensure appropriate staffing and to avoid gaps between phases of existing projects.
- Use the substantial completion checklist to ensure successful completion to the letter of the contract then notify the Division President and finance department that the purchase of the lots is moving forward.
- Track lot supply and takedowns in each active project weekly to ensure compliance with lot takedown agreement.
- Partner with the VP of Sales to ensure absorption remains consistent with at least the minimum expectation in each community (the goal is to be ahead of our takedown agreement or just in time).
- Performs other projects and related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years land development experience.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, especially Excel and PowerPoint.