The Woodlands, Texas
First America Homes (FAH) is the homebuilding division of The Signorelli Company. We are a vertically integrated, diversified development company based in The Woodlands, TX. The company has a track record of over 25-years in all aspects of real estate development including retail, mixed-use, multi-family, office, medical, land development and single-family homes. FAH is one of the fastest growing privately held homebuilder in the State of Texas. Our peers recognize us as a leader in the real estate industry and our team members have named us a Top Workplace for a company our size in the Houston area for three years running.
First America Homes is looking for a Residential Construction Estimator Specializing in Production Homebuilding to join our team. This position is responsible for maintaining the construction materials that go into building each house plan top to bottom, standard options and creating and maintaining estimates and purchase orders in Newstar Enterprise Database Software. Prior estimating experience and knowledge of residential construction and reading blueprints is required.
- Estimate new plans and elevations including plan options and be able to reconcile those plan options.
- Develop and maintain accurate plan take-offs and process plan changes.
- Development and maintenance of job-cost budgets in database system.
- Build each community in Newstar Enterprise, based on features and community requirements.
- Field visits to validate take-offs.
- Interact directly with Construction Managers, Area Managers, Purchasing, Design Personnel and Vendors / Suppliers.
- Assist with special projects as needed by the Management Team.
- Background in Construction Management, Construction Science, Business, Finance, or related degree OR equivalent work experience 3-5 years estimating experience utilizing PlanSwift Estimating Software preferred.
- A self-starter who can work independently and productively, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, detail oriented and able to handle deadlines.
- Able to learn new technology easily and an understanding of computer database management is beneficial.
- Must be proficient utilizing Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, Experience with PlanSwift, On Screen Take Off or Autodesk Take Off is a plus.
- Experience in Newstar Enterprise is preferred
- Be able to read and understand architectural plans, prints.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong team player ethic and a positive attitude with the ability to be flexible and switch priorities easily.
The Signorelli Company is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We seek to empower everyone’s diverse experiences to maximize our organization’s talent and capabilities.
This job description is not meant to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of this job. The Signorelli Company reserves the right to change or modify job duties as necessary based on business necessity.