Accounts Payable Coordinator
The Woodlands, Texas
First America Homes (FAH) is the homebuilding division for The Signorelli Company (TSC), a vertically integrated, diversified real estate company based in The Woodlands, TX. Established in 1994, TSC has experience in all the aspects of real estate that make up master planned communities including land development, commercial, mixed-use, office, medical, outdoor hospitality, multi-family and single-family development. FAH is currently one of the fastest growing privately held homebuilders in the State of Texas with presence across all four quadrants of the greater Houston area and growing. The team has ranked as a Top Workplace for five consecutive years.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for receiving and reviewing incoming invoices, distributing them to the correct department for payment approval, and entering them into the Company's accounting system while ensuring accuracy.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
- Calculates and reports sales tax based on paid invoices.
- Performs other projects and related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and communication skills.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
First America Homes is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We seek to empower everyone’s diverse experiences to maximize our organization’s talent and capabilities.
This job description is not meant to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of this job. First America Homes reserves the right to change or modify job duties as necessary based on business necessity.