Freezing Temperatures Near Houston!
The Houston Area is expecting freezing or near freezing temperatures to hit our area within the next 24-72 hours. Below are a few reminders and tips on how to keep your home and yourself safe during this cold front.
- Keep your heat set to automatic and do not let the temperature in your home drop below 65 degrees.
- Wear layers of lightweight clothing to stay warm. Gloves and a hat as well!
- If you are using a space heater, place it on a level surface, and keep it at least 3 feet away from anything flammable such as papers, clothing and curtains.
- Run a trickle of water to prevent your pipes from freezing, and drip outside faucets (5 drops per minute)
- Open cabinet doors under sinks adjacent to outside walls to keep the pipes warm
- Cover your outdoor plants with blankets, or take them inside
- Use caution when walking to and from your car, icy patches are not always visible
- Be sure to bring all pets inside!
- Never leave a space heater or fireplace on when you are sleeping or not home
- Stay warm!