BUILD YOUR CAREER With one of Houston's fastest growing HOMEBUILDERS!
First America Homes, a private Houston based homebuilder and a division of The Signorelli Company, was established in 2010. First America Homes builds beautiful new homes within a variety of communities in Greater Houston and the surrounding areas. We believe in providing superior quality and service throughout the entire building process. First America Homes builds new homes with a focus on quality and value, while keeping in mind what’s most important to our customers. First America Homes is a leader in Service, Quality and Integrity. Integrity is our daily approach to building homes, it is how we run our company and how we live our lives.
We are currently searching for Construction Interns to assist the construction team in coordinating the on-site construction of new homes in assigned subdivisions. This is an hourly position that reports to the Vice President of Construction.
- Assist in the inspection of assigned homes in different phases of construction to monitor workflow, quality, and completion
- Assist in scheduling subcontractors and monitoring completion of work as required including delivery and use of materials, supplies, tools, machinery, and equipment
- Act as liaison between subcontractors and construction management staff by monitoring work quality and progress of subcontractors, and reporting issues and problems arising from inspections
- Perform minor repairs including paint touch-up, caulking, trim, checking appliances and minor installations
- Ensure a clean, safe work environment to include the removal of debris from common areas and the cleanliness of homes
- Perform walk-throughs with homeowners
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
- Currently Pursuing or Recent Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, or related field
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Exceptional scheduling and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines