Spring Cleaning Checklist
After a long, cold winter, Spring has finally sprung! Now it's time to address the love/hate relationship we all have with cleaning....Spring Cleaning that is.
To make matters a little more simple, we put together a Spring Cleaning Checklist!
All Rooms -
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Clean windowsills and tracts
- Vacuum window blinds and wash the curtains
- Wipe down moldings and dust the room corners
- Test batteries in all smoke detectors! (Important one)
- Disinfect door knobs, light switches, and other services that are touched a lot
- Wipe down all appliances including microwave, coffeemaker and toaster oven
- Empty the crumb tray in your toaster and/or toaster over
- Clean out cabinets and wash shelves
- Clean your oven and scrub range
- Clean refridgerator shelves - a lot of times they fit right in the dishwasher!
- Sanitize the sink
- Organize drawers and closets - this is a good time to donate clothes you didn't wear!
- Wash bedding and pillows
- rotate your mattress
- Properly dispose of old medicine and toiletries
- Wash the shower curtain and floor mats
- Organize cabinets and drawers
- Scrub the shower/bathtub and toilet
Living Room -
- Remove furniture cushions and vacuum crevasses
Laundry Room -
- Thoroughly clean lint trap in dryer
- Reorganize your garage
- Pressure wash the patio and outdoor furniture
- Hose-out your garbage can and recycling bins
- Wash the outside of your windows before replacing your window screens